Posts tagged "Child Custody"

What happens if a parent does not honor a child custody plan?

Child custody battles can be heated, and they can even last long after the final divorce decree is signed. Some parents will refuse to abide by the time-sharing schedule in their parenting plan. For example, they may not drop the child off or pick the child up on time when it comes to child custody exchanges. They may even refuse to turn the child over to the care of the child's other parent altogether, in violation of the time-sharing schedule. When this happens, parents in Florida may have legal options.

How can paternity be established in Florida?

Children deserve to know who their biological father is. If a child's parents are married, the husband is presumed to be the child's legal father. If the child's parents are unmarried, paternity must be established to determine whether the alleged father is the child's biological parent for legal purposes.

Assisting parents with child custody and relocation issues

After a child custody order is issued, it cannot be modified unless one of the child's parents experiences a drastic change in their life. One of these changes may be if the parent wishes to move to another state with the child. Parents might want to relocate for a better job, to be closer to family or for many other reasons. However, modifying a child custody order in Orlando can be complex. There are many legal procedures that must be completed in order for the child's parent to lawfully relocate with the child.

Florida parents must follow the rules when time-sharing

Not every divorce in Florida ends amicably. Ex-spouses may have very bitter feelings toward one another that last well after the ink has dried on the divorce decree. This may especially be true if the couple has children and are having a hard time dealing with the fact that they each will have times when the child is not in their care.

Parenting plans can serve the best interests of the child

When two parents in Orlando divorce, the issue of who will have custody of the child may be one of the most important divorce issues they will need to resolve. It can be difficult for each parent to face the reality that there will be times when they will not have their child in their care. This can lead to custody battles that ultimately are damaging to all involved. Therefore, when it comes to determining child custody, courts in Florida and nationwide use the "best interests of the child" standard.

Co-parenting disputes in Florida can be highly emotional affairs

It used to be the case that when it came to divorce and child custody, the mother would usually be granted custody of the child, and the father would have visitation rights. However, this trend is changing, and more parents in Florida are sharing parenting time and parental responsibility. This often benefits the child, who should be able to have a meaningful relationship with both parents, even if the parents are no longer married.

How can parental alienation impact child custody?

Unfortunately, not every divorce in Orlando is amicable. Sometimes, a couple is engaged in a toxic divorce where emotions run high and the spouses are in constant conflict with one another. While this is not a good situation for the spouses, it is an even worse situation when the couple has a child. In a high conflict divorce, child custody can be a hot-button issue. Both parties want to "win" custody of the child, and may refuse to negotiate a custody schedule that allows both of them to spend quality time with the child.

When must a biological father establish paternity in Florida?

When a child is born to married parents in Florida, the husband is legally presumed to be the child's father, with all the rights that entails should the couple divorce. However, this is not the case for unmarried parents. If a child's parents are not married at the time of the child's birth, then the child's biological father must establish paternity in order to obtain parental rights to the child. This becomes especially important when the child's unmarried parents are no longer in a relationship with one another, and the child's biological father wants to pursue his rights regarding parental responsibility and time-sharing.

Florida man fights for rights to a child born to a married mother

A Florida man recently went to court in his pursuit of parental rights over his biological child. At issue is the fact that the child's biological mother is denying the child's biological father rights to his child, because another man has been legally recognized by the state as the child's legal father. The court needs to determine whether it is in the best interests of the child for the child to have a relationship with his biological father.

EmailEmail Us For A Response

Moving Your Family Forward

To get you and your family moving on a path toward a brighter future, please contact the Altamonte Springs Law Office of Amy L. Beauchaine at 407-636-2985 or send our Altamonte Springs divorce attorney an email.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Amy L. Beauchaine, Attorney at Law
505 Maitland Ave. Suite 1150
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

Phone: 407-571-6908
Fax: 407-218-4558
Altamonte Springs Law Office Map

Review Us