December 2015 Archives

Conditions for grandparent visitation in Florida

Grandparents all across the country whose children have divorced know just how difficult it can be to spend time with grandchildren. If your son and his wife divorce, and the courts grant primary custody to your grandchild's mother, there may not be any legal regulations put in place to determine or grant you visitation. As such, you may have to take legal action just to earn the right to visit or spend time with your grandchildren.

Helping Florida residents with issues of child visitation

Due to recent changes in Florida family law, most divorcing couples will no longer hear words like visitation schedule, but will instead hear the phrase time-sharing schedule. Perhaps the most significant change is the addition of a parenting plan into every divorce or paternity case, which essentially serves as the arrangement for all aspects of post-marital life. Parents develop these plans together, and the courts must then approve the plan. However, if parents cannot agree on a plan, then the courts may appoint one.

How much child support will I have to pay?

For people who are going through a divorce or considering divorce, there are many questions that weigh heavily on their minds. In almost every instance, it boils down to how much a person will have to give up; how many of my assets will I have to give up? How much time with my child will I have to give up? For some individuals, how much of my paycheck will I have to give up?

Florida grandparents fighting for visitation rights

If you are a grandparent, we sincerely hope that you have a healthy, loving and wonderful relationship with your grandchildren. The relationship between a child and its grandparents is hardly given the same amount of attention as the relationship between a child and its parents, but that does not mean that grandparents do not play a vital role in the lives of their grandchildren. Unfortunately, the law does not always appreciate the importance of the relationship.

EmailEmail Us For A Response

Moving Your Family Forward

To get you and your family moving on a path toward a brighter future, please contact the Altamonte Springs Law Office of Amy L. Beauchaine at 407-636-2985 or send our Altamonte Springs divorce attorney an email.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Amy L. Beauchaine, Attorney at Law
505 Maitland Ave. Suite 1150
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

Phone: 407-571-6908
Fax: 407-218-4558
Altamonte Springs Law Office Map

Review Us