August 2014 Archives

Woman granted visitation rights for child of same-sex ex-partner

It was reported on Aug. 13 that a Florida court has cleared the way for a woman to seek visitation rights for her son who was born to her former female partner. According to the report, the biological mother had moved the child to an undisclosed location and would not allow contact after the couple decided to split up. However, the ex-partner had already legally adopted the child.

Visitation right for grandparents in Florida

Florida grandparents who wish to gain visitation rights to see their grandchildren may be interested in the state law regarding the subject. Under Florida law, grandparents may be granted visitation rights after the dissolution of the parents' marriage or desertion of the child. When a grandparent files a petition, the court will grant visitation when it is determined to be in the best interest of the child.

How to establish paternity in the state of Florida

Just because a man is the biological father of a child does not mean that he is the legal father of the child. If at the time a child is born the mother and father are not married, the child has no legal father. This means that the child is not able to receive any social security or military benefits through the biological father nor will the child necessarily know who his or her father is.

How to secure child custody rights

Parents who are involved in a Florida divorce proceeding have the right to argue for sole or partial custody of their children if they wish to do so. When a parent makes a request for custody, a judge will look at the ability of that parent to create a stable environment that furthers the best interest of the child. Once a ruling has been made, both parents are obligated to abide by that ruling unless all parties agree to change it.

EmailEmail Us For A Response

Moving Your Family Forward

To get you and your family moving on a path toward a brighter future, please contact the Altamonte Springs Law Office of Amy L. Beauchaine at 407-636-2985 or send our Altamonte Springs divorce attorney an email.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Amy L. Beauchaine, Attorney at Law
505 Maitland Ave. Suite 1150
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

Phone: 407-571-6908
Fax: 407-218-4558
Altamonte Springs Law Office Map

Review Us