Establish Your Rights by Establishing Paternity

Paternity proceedings or motions to establish parentage involve biological parents who have had a child but have not married. Often in paternity proceedings, a parent is seeking to establish rights to custody, visitation, or child support. DNA testing is required in some cases and, in others, parentage is established through proof of required documents.

At the Law Office of Amy L. Beauchaine in Orlando, Florida, we represent mothers and fathers throughout Central Florida in paternity proceedings. Our firm practices exclusively in family law, and attorney Amy L. Beauchaine has significant experience in family law cases involving children. In addition to serving as a Guardian Ad Litem since 2002, Ms. Beauchaine has handled hundreds of cases involving child custody while working as a Senior Attorney at the Department of Children and Families.

For assistance with a custody, child support, or visitation issue in a paternity proceeding, call (407) 571-6908 to contact our Orlando, Florida, office. You may also contact us by email.

Establishing Child Support Orders in Florida

Child support in Florida is determined in accordance with Florida child support guidelines. In determining the appropriate amount of child support under the child support guidelines, the court will consider income as well as the designation of primary residential responsibility or shared parental responsibility. Although the child support guidelines establish a presumptive child support obligation, a court may deviate from the presumptive amount by 5% without findings, and may deviate by more than 5% with sufficient legal cause and written findings of fact.

If you are the primary caregiver for your children, protect your children by retaining an experienced lawyer who can perform an accurate child support calculation on your behalf. If you have been served with a paternity motion and you believe you are being asked to pay more child support than you can afford, contact our office for help.

Protect Parental Rights Through Child Custody and Visitation

We have extensive experience in custody matters in divorce and paternity cases. If you are a mother or father involved in a paternity action, we can help you protect your parental rights. If you are seeking custody of your biological child or visitation rights, contact our office for assistance.