Grandparents' Rights Under Florida Family Laws

A healthy relationship with his or her grandparents is an important part of a child's upbringing. Whenever possible, our staff at the Law Office of Amy L. Beauchaine in Orlando encourages parents to make their children available to grandparents, and to work with the grandparents to arrange visitation schedules. Unfortunately, a number of grandparents must engage in a legal battle in order to see their grandchildren.

Our experience allows our firm to quickly and accurately assess the situation and determine whether or not grandparents may be entitled to visitation rights. We work hard to make decisions that are in the best interests of the children, while keeping our clients' goals in mind. Conveniently located in Altamonte Springs, FL just off I-4, we handle cases for grandparents located in Orange County, Seminole County, Lake County and Osceola County.

To discuss your rights as a grandparent, contact us at (407) 571-6908 or by email today.

Since grandparents' rights is a complex area of family law, you need an attorney that is able to effectively interpret and explain the laws that govern grandparents' rights. With over 20 years of experience, attorney Amy L. Beauchaine handles only family law cases. She relies on her experience as a former senior attorney at the Department of Children and Families to effectively seek resolutions to our clients' grandparents' rights and other family law cases.

  • In addition to representing the rights of grandparents, we also represent other family - such as siblings, aunts and uncles - in seeking visitation rights and access to a child.

Grandparents May Seek Guardianship by Petitioning the Court

When awarding guardianship, the court is granting legal authority to a responsible individual that can act in the child's best interests. It is possible for a grandparent to petition for guardianship of a child when it is in the best interests of that child. In instances where a parent or parents are in a difficult situation and unable to suitably care for their child, we can pursue a guardianship over the child on behalf of the grandparents.

To speak with grandparents' rights and child custody lawyer Amy L. Beauchaine or to schedule a consultation at our office in Orlando, Florida, call us at (407) 571-6908, or contact us online.